Are you looking...?

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Slick Stones

I took a walk in one of my favorite places yesterday. It's always refreshing for me to visit Cove Spring. The waterfalls were gushing due to the heavy rainfall in the past few days. There's nothing like roar of water on rock. It was reminiscent of the roar of the sea hitting the shore, without the rhythmic intervals of silence. Standing directly between the two falls was like hearing the melody and harmony of an amazing song.

This hit me as I stood at the crossing of a stream on the path high on the cliff-face:

The rocks
Where the path
Crosses the stream
Moss-covered
And slick
Footing precarious and choice
but with help from above
not a foot here will slip

The trickle
To cascade
And thunder below
Skips over these stones
To then join the flow
That will bury the ones
That lie in it's course
As many make one

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home