Are you looking...?

Sunday, June 04, 2006

"I want my liquor!"

OK. Let me explain... The quote above came from my three year old daughter. You can imagine the surprise on our faces as my wife and I exchanged glances after this absurd exclamation. Now, before you call the social worker, here's the background. Our little one absolutely hates to have her hair brushed. While enduring this "horrible" process of having her hair brushed, her three-year-old whining and crying was interrupted with a shout: "I want my liqour!" Our eyes were wide with questioning! Where had she heard this? No one in the family even drinks! As we followed her line of sight we realized that she was looking at the lollipop setting on the table beside her... a "sucker" in her normal vernacular, but in the heat of the moment renamed, a "licker".

I literally fell over laughing when I realized what she was saying: "I want my licker!"

3 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

7:10 PM

 
Blogger Natalie said...

thats right... the queen gets what she wants... "licker", "Liquor" or her "looker"

6:09 AM

 
Blogger Michael Burchett said...

...no...what she meant was exactly what she said: She. wants. her. liquor!

1:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home