Are you looking...?

Monday, July 25, 2011

Touched.

*My bride may tell you at any given time that I'm "touched"... as in touched in the head or perhaps more clearly stated: not quite right. As a point of clarification, that's not what I'm talking about in this post. :)

Yesterday I came across an unexpected, refreshing experience of God's Spirit. I remember hearing someone say when asked why they didn't come back to church Sunday evening for the later worship service and replying, "Because I did it right the first time." At Southland, of course, it's essentially the same service, but here in Northern Ireland an evening service of a simple message, prayer, or worship is offered. Last night it was hosted by the Methodist Church, which, in the six years of being over here, I've never even stepped foot in...

Of all the ways to run across an open door for the Spirit of God to touch my heart, I found an American couple in a European church... The gal was simply-spoken and refreshingly honest. Her husband played guitar as she sat at the piano. The lyrics grabbed my heart. The rough harmony at the beginning slowly transitioned into a beautiful lilting interplay of vocals as the got warmed up. I was touched by the sense of the Holy Spirit moving in the hearts present. Tears dimmed my eyes as they sang. They sang for us, or to us. We didn't sing along. It was as though God was simply singing over us.

This experience set the tone for an evening that seemed to overflow with God's Spirit. A couple of things happened: My concern for God to reveal the people I am supposed to connect with over the coming weeks met with an answer as my calendar began to fill up for the week. Then, when I traveled across town to pop in on the end-of-day processing at Ardaluin House, I was humbled - absolutely humbled - to get to lead worship for the Fused Team again last night at the last minute. God was simply moving. The team sang out and, even as I lost my voice as the tears came, the song was carried effortlessly by the gathering of about 50 young leaders.

I am excited and hopeful for the week. I'm missing my family but excited for MC as she heads off for her first mission trip today. She's in Cincinnati all week helping fix up a daycare center. I'm praying for my family and friends back home. Thank you all for continuing to lift me up to the Father.

2 Comments:

Blogger MaryHelen said...

I'm "Touched" by your post. It sounds like many Encounters of the Holy Spirit. I continue to pray for you and your family.
blessings to you brother, mh

10:22 AM

 
Blogger Will said...

Thanks Mary Helen! I missed praying with you today!

5:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home