Are you looking...?

Friday, September 09, 2005

Mooey, llamas, and a sheep's bum

Taking my oldest daughter to Kindergarten has been an awesome experience. We get to laugh and sing all the way to school in the mornings. The bus would make it much easier on us in the mornings, but I'm so glad that I get to spend the time together in the car instead.

We've been making up stories each day about a cow named "Mooey". She has two friends named Connie (a cow) and Patch (a dog). Her regular morning routine is to play hopscotch - which is very difficult when you have four legs - and playing jacks - which happens to be really challenging when you have hooves instead of hands. Then she usually takes a walk around the pasture, counting the fence posts. There are 199, by the way. It's the biggest number that Mary Caite knows. And if there's one missing?? You'd have to ride with us to find out what happens...

During the trip to school we also get to see the llamas and sheep at what I like to call the Llama and Sheep Farm. (Imagine that...) Try saying this really fast: "Llama, llama, llama, sheep, llama, llama..." There's even a sheep that has been marked with green paint on its bum. I'm glad my wife doesn't keep track of me like that... We're always on the lookout for white horses, too. They're Mary Caite's favorite.

When we finally get to school, she's still young enough to give me a kiss good-bye and it's off to class for a day of fun. Spending time together on the way to school is better than just having a few extra minutes to get ready in the mornings. It's so much more valuable to have that memory making time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Burchett said...

Nice, I also enjoy seeing white horses every once in a while.

12:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home