Are you looking...?

Monday, June 18, 2007

Who knows the most?

Could it be kids? I mean - seriously - they see things pretty clearly, things are simple. Yesterday I had a blast at the local public pool hanging out with my wife and kids. While waiting in line for the water-slide I decided to ask the kids how to go faster on the slide. I got a couple of answers, but one intrigued me: lie on your back and put your hands over your head. It worked! As I thought of the physics of it (What does that say about me? Remember what I said about kids keeping it simple?) it made complete sense. When you put your arms up, your back comes off the slide and your shoulder-blades are all that touches. You eliminate the drag of your entire back touching the slide and... you go faster. It worked so well that I nearly hurt myself! Stuck on a problem? Ask a kid what they would do. There may be a simple, yet profoundly brilliant, answer waiting for you.

2 Comments:

Blogger phil_style said...

Will,

Nicwe work on the Rmasbottom Poem dude. I've determined it worthy of it's own post. I hope you don't mind ;)

1:39 PM

 
Blogger Will said...

I'm honored to be included amongst the most notable NotArt collection I've ever encountered...

Check out www.virtuphill.blogspot.com,
Not Art

1:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home