Are you looking...?

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Three things you may not care to read.

I just finished reading The Black Tulip for the second time last night. Of all of the works of Alexandre Dumas Pere, this one is a front-runner for my favorite. Black: The Story of a Dog is right up there as well. Maybe I'll reread that next. You'd think that his wildly popular works would be the number one - but maybe the appeal for me is the simplicity of these next to the vast panorama of Musketeer/Twenty Years After/Vicomte de Braggelone/Man in the Iron Mask or The Count of Monte Cristo.

I watched England play Israel in their Euro 2008 qualifier last night, too. Even though I was pulling for England, I still had a strange sense of satisfaction every time Rooney mis-fired. Defoe had flashes of brilliance. Not sure why he didn't start ahead of Rooney and Johnson. And yet, after all was said and done, it ended in a nil-nil draw.

I over-seeded my lawn the other day. There's a fun job, now. Gotta keep the grass growing. I'll be fertilizing it soon. Keeps me in the business of mowing my own lawn, I guess. Job security, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home