Are you looking...?

Monday, March 05, 2007

Ohne Worte

There's been a theme happening around me lately. It's in my reading, in time with God, in my work, in my life. It's in art, architecture, playing with my kids, in scripture, in worship. Ohne Worte. Without words.

The heavens tell of the glory of God... they continue to speak... without a sound or a word... yet their message has gone out to all the earth...

Our words try to pin God down, yet I'm sensing more and more that they sometimes serve to distract us. In the words of Martin Luther, "Ohne Sprache und ohne Worte; unhorbar ist ihre stimme."

You have taught nursing infants to give you praise...

What words do infants use? Cries and laughter, maybe. But still, ohne Worte.

Love God and Love People...

Our life lived for Christ is shown in our actions more than our words.

I was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you invited me in...

Inherit the Kingdom, ohne Worte.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home