Are you looking...?

Sunday, December 17, 2006

More Christmas stuff that you may or may not care to read...

OK. For those of you out there who are keeping a play-by-play on my Christmas decorating saga, this post is for you. It was like 65 degrees yesterday so I no longer had the excuse that I hadn't decorated my house because it was so cold outside. I pulled out the colored lights, tested them before getting up on the roof (which was a lesson learned long ago - make note of it if you haven't already learned it), and started putting hundred of little plastic clips on either side of each bulb to hold them fast to the roof's edge. (Another lesson learned, you can't string more than two of these sets of lights together without blowing fuses like crazy - got that one down, too?). Anyway, I'm pretty much terrrrrrified of heights, so when putting up lights I scoot around on the roof, clinging to anything I can. And if there's nothing to cling to, I'm pretty much laying down and scooting. Well, I've managed to wear the same pair of jeans each year - and they've made it three years now. To quote Andy Griffith, "He looks like his underwear's made of sand-paper..." The last two years I've had to wear an old pair of blue-jean shorts under my jeans due to the holes in the rump-area that enlarge with every scoot on my bum across the rough shingles. (It's reminiscent of the time when, at six-years-old, I crawled around on the top of the leaning tower of Pisa, too terrified to stand.) As I was over one particularly precarious edge yesterday, I recall seriously thinking that I might know exactly what the afterlife would be like within a matter of moments. But, don't fear - I lived. No fuses blown, no falls, and I only dropped the container of clips off the roof one time.

If anyone's thinking they know exactly what I need for Christmas, you need to know that I have plenty of other jeans in my closet to take over for this pair after they are retired. I think they'll make it another year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

if it was appropriate i would get my boss a new pair of jeans, however it isn't cause my boss is a Jewish carpenter.

8:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home