Are you looking...?

Friday, September 22, 2006

13 Days - work, wedding, and willow

Somehow life has done one of those snowball effects on me - I am now in the midst of a 13-day stretch of commitments. I got a phonecall last night from our church's wedding coordinator asking, "Can you do a wedding?" I thought to myself, well, normally you ask me during work hours - when is this wedding? It's tomorrow. The rehearsal is in about 10 minutes up in the chapel. I am hosting Connection Point on Sunday. That'll grab about five hours. I'm on call for the church all day Sunday, too. The it's two days in the office. Then four days at Willow Creek in Chicago for the small groups conference. I do have one day off after this stretch - then our big facilitator's event and surgery the following day. I'll be ready for the recovery period after surgery. I may need it more for the missed sabbath rest over the previous two weeks! Ah, well. At least I have all of this to vent about. Hey - I'm still breathing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Burchett said...

Hey, you can get through it if you just put your faith in the komodo dragon blend...and you know, God too.

1:11 PM

 
Blogger Natalie said...

seriously and you thought i was busy!
church UFC! yeah i think it's an idea... maybe we can start with that one file we do not speak of.

10:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home