Are you looking...?

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tried to have a bad day...

I tried to have a bad day today. I woke up complaining, laying the groundwork for nothing good. I was brought back to my senses by two things:

First, my oldest daughter. Through a random tangent of conversation, she discovered that there is a summer break from school.

MC: "We're out of school all summer?!"
Me: "Yes."
MC: "Are you serious?!"
Me: "Yep."
MC: "Woo hoo!!"

She sat and stared out the car window smiling from ear to ear. I could almost see the wheels turning in her head thinking through the limitless possibilities that lay ahead... I decided to approach the day like my daughter at that point.

Second, God's Word in Philippians 2:14-15 gave me even more focus today. We shine like stars when we stay away from complaining and arguing. I nearly fell into a trap of my own making this morning. I'm thankful to have leapt over it... with a little help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home