Are you looking...?

Friday, February 22, 2008

Little blue stickers...


Ever since I was a child I can remember, when eating a banana, first peeling the little blue sticker off of it, sticking it on my forehead, then walking around grinning thinking it was the funniest thing. I've done it a number of times since becoming an adult - my kids don't think I'm just being stupid yet... So, anyway, today in my office, I pick up a banana, peel off the blue sticker (without putting it on my forehead - people might talk) and then look down to read it. It said: "Place sticker on forehead. Smile." I was so profoundly delighted at that moment. I'm apparently not alone. It's good to know someone else understands. Anyone else out there with this weird habit? Anyone know where it started? Maybe a grassroots movement? Maybe it's hard-wired into some special people by God?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never put the sticker on my forehead, but I do always use the sticker on something else...like a loaf of bread or someones ball cap. Kinda throws people for a loop.

That has to be one of the weirdest "Signs" or "6th Sense" moments ever.....you putting the sticker on your forehead, then the sticker actually saying "Place the sticker on your forehead." That's creepy man. Coincidence? I think not. Did you alter the future of the banana sticker making industry by your habit as a child? I think so.

8:17 AM

 
Blogger Will said...

I've gotten a few emails on this, as well. But I've not found anyone else who could identify... I know you're out there, blue forehead-sticker people. Keep going, you guys. Keep going.

9:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home