Are you looking...?

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Full week gone; Full week to go!

Sorry for the delay in posting. I've been going from daybreak to midnight every day this week. It has been a rewarding and exhausting week. I've gotten to live into my strengths of one on one conversation and prayer a number of times, both in planned and unplanned ways. I've met with pastors, church leaders, volunteers, and a group of elderly disabled individuals. Leading worship for a group of 4-7 year-olds was a highlight on Thursday. Friday was a five hour conversation with a great friend and worship leader while we walked up a mountain.

I have enjoyed the time I've gotten to spend with Adrian and his family. He is at the center of some pretty significant ministry in this area: Alpha for searching pre-believers, Night Light for people struggling to get home after a night of pubbing, and Cheers for those seeking to leave life controlling addictions behind... among other things. God has gifted this man significantly with relational capital that others just don't have. And He is using Adrian's gift to impact the entire community. I love walking down the main street with Adrian and seeing how many people know and love him. He is Christ in his culture and people see the love of Jesus through him. It's an honor to serve alongside him.

I miss my family big time. I'm super proud of MC going on her mission trip to Cincinnati with Southland's Middle School and High School Ministries. EG and Sara have had a fun week together. Funny story - I got a text from Sara saying she didn't think our cat would be alive when I returned home. I sent a prayer request out to a bunch of people and they called Sara to check on her. Only to find that Sara was saying she was going to kill our cat if he woke her up at six o'clock in the morning one more time... :) Ooops.

Thanks for checking in. Please continue to pray for us all! Thanks friends!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home