Are you looking...?

Monday, June 26, 2006

Getting it right

A friend read Ephesians 4:1-6 aloud during a meeting last night. It cut me. All of it, but especially verse 2, Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.

I know it's right. I just want to get it right much more often than I do. I want to be a living and breathing example of Christ in every area of life. I'm past asking "why" it's so difficult to do in certain times and places. I know why... You know, I want to make this an "us" thing, so anyone who reads this thinks it's not just about me, but about them, too. It would take the edge off. Not today, though. Can't do it. So quit stalling. Get back to the question! OK. It's so difficult to live out because I tend toward self - subtly in some settings, overtly in others. The urgency is no longer answering "why" in order to make plausible excuses. I want to move on to steadily answering "how" through my thoughts, words, and actions. There are real people on the receiving end of success and failure in living this out. And I love them intensely.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Burchett said...

This is ENTIRELY off topic, but your words "how" and "why" made me think of something Don Miller talked about in his first book "through painted deserts." He talked about how often people focus on the "how" side of things such as "how does the sun burn?" or "how do plants grow?" but a better question to ask is the "why." Why do plants grow? Why does the sun burn? Oh, the quest for the meaning of life.

11:09 PM

 
Blogger Natalie said...

you got it right

6:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home