Are you looking...?

Thursday, July 12, 2007

5 Things I Dig About Jesus

Man. My first tag. Not entirely sure of the protocol, but this one was started by John Smulo and I was tagged by Peter Aschoff in Erlangen, Germany.

He was the King of the entire universe... And yet:

1) He liked to be with people. Various text references in the word. The implication - He liked all kinds of people. Hey, He might just like me too!
2) He enjoyed a party. John 2 hit me over the head here.
3) He met people where they were. This is all over the Gospels. He engaged people where they happened to be - He didn't make them change first, then come to Him. He talked, challenged, put a choice out there. He was openly invitational.
4) He was an amazing friend. I don't think people chased after Him because He was dull. I don't think He just gave them a good feeling. He genuinely cared, helping them to see what they could be. He loved and lived well.
5) He was human. The Word became flesh and moved into the neighborhood! How ludicrous?! And how outstandingly amazing?!

Alright then... Let's hear what you've got,

Trevor Durbin
Michael Burchett
Dan Ott
Steve Taylor
John Turner

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Ott said...

5 things Dan digs about Jesus. You're welcome!

1:50 AM

 
Blogger Michael Burchett said...

done. Check the blog.

11:16 PM

 
Blogger tdurbs said...

As soon as I get home from Jersey (Wednesday) I'll get this list up and linked. Thanks for the tag!

12:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home