Are you looking...?

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Another visit, done and dusted.

It has been a busy few weeks. I've intended to post something along the way, but have not had a moment to do so. I sit in the Dublin airport, preparing to board a plane to head homeward. Thanks to our early arrival and a bit of a delay, I can finally put down a few thoughts!  This year, for the first time, we brought our kids on the FUSED mission trip. This was amazing and so much fun, but where there's normally a bit of space in the day, there was none. Sara and I got to help lead the American Team over, then participated in the outreach in a variety of ways. Of course, my bride spent the better part of her mornings preparing some amazing lunches for the team of 50. The afternoons were planning, shopping, and making sure things were ready for the next day. While also juggling the girls and connecting with old and new friends. For my part, I planned to teach twice, but wound up with six opportunities to teach people of all ages, in small and large gatherings. The opportunity to facilitate worship and lead group times abounded. I also got to play silly songs and worship tunes for a few wee ones. As always, my passion for discipleship was woven throughout. I had the honor of attending a discipleship group led by someone I have discipled over the past year. It was cool to see the investment moving onward. One on one conversations abounded and God is doing some great things in people's lives. Prayer moved mountains. Young people came to faith. We celebrated these new lives in Christ and left them with prayer and resources to help them begin to grow. I'm thankful for all the people who have supported us through prayer and finances. It has been a fantastic year for the FUSED summer outreach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home