Are you looking...?

Saturday, September 22, 2007

The adventure begins...

I write from a new corner of Newcastle for me... Tullybranningan Road. A huge thanks to Sara and Jamie for their hospitality. So, maybe I'll start with the trip into Dublin. I was wondering, after an hour's delay in Lexington and a five hour layover in Atlanta exactly when the adventure would begin. Then, into the story enters... let's call her "Margaret". That would be good since that's her name. She managed to sigle-handedly make the trip in to Dublin an uproarious comedy. She was in her late 50's, extremely diseveled, a resident of Dublin and native of Cork I was oon to discover. Soon after plopping her bag into the seat next to me she began to rifle through her bag furiously. As I held her complimentary pillow and blanket, she finally panted, "I've got to find me inhaler..." then coughed three hacking coughs. These coughs would be a part of the theme for the next seven hours. Soon after administering the life-saving mist, she explained her malady. Apparently she had gotten ahold of a bad batch of potpourri in Myrtle Beach. Yes, that was the culprit. In her own words, she took one whiff and "me trote clue stup" (my throat closed up). She was really interested in talking, yet every few minutes the video screen would distract her and she'd stare at it for fifteen minutes or so... There's a ton more to the story but I'm heading to a meeting with the leaders of the local youth ministry. I'll get back to this soon. And I know you're dying to know more about Margaret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home