Are you looking...?

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tollymore, Ulster Fry, and Goujons.

Yesterday was a morning without a specific agenda, so I took a run at one of the most beautiful places on this earth, Tollymore Forest. It wasn't as beautiful when I was ging through the pain of running, though... Later, I met up with one of the few full-time pastors in Newcastle. We talked about the church over a cholesterol-laden Ulster Fry. He has such an amazing heart for God, his people, and even those he doesn't know. When he parked his vehicle on the side of the road, for example, he refused to pull onto the curb as most people do to keep their cars from being hit. He was concerned about anyone coming through in a wheelchair being able to pass through. His vision for ministry is much the same - for those people he does not know and who will come to Christ through the people in the body he's pastoring long after he's gone. We had a great conversation, then returned to the church and prayed for one another.

The afternoon was spent reviewing a message I'm to give tonight at the Baptist prayer meeting. Please pray for me as I share God's words from James 5:16-18 and 1 Kings 17... I'm talking about the fact that God answers the prayers of ordinary people like us.

In the evening met up with a group of eight local youth leaders. I had Chicken Goujons with chips and a sweet chili sauce. It was a generally relational conversation for the most part, but when people started to leave, the few remaining had a great conversation about reaching out to meet the physical and spiritual needs of people in this community. During this gathering I was blessed to meet a guy that leads a ministry that combines the Alpha Course with a recovery ministry. His recovery "program" is relational first, for as long as it takes, then goes deeper as trust is built. He is a person I hope to connect with further. I am supposed to join him on Thursday evening to be a part of the work he's doing.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. I have a strong sense of your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home