Are you looking...?

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Unbelievably close.

I've been in a place of trying to know Jesus better. Not just adding more trivia to my store of knowledge, but trying to focus on talking with Him in prayer, hearing from Him there as well as in the Word... Well, you know it's just been amazing to remember and know that God says He lives in His people - and that this is a present reality. It's not a distant relationship in any way! Anyway - John 16:23-28 is another one of those things that clobber me over the head when I try to comprehend the open communication we can have with God. (Keeping it in the present, it's more like: "that I have with God now.") I have to constantly remember that God is not dwelling in the past and not far off in the future, fully available but distant for now. My old view of Him as history relegated Him to the realm of fiction. My way of thinking that God will be there "whenever I need Him" put Him out of the present and far off still. He is here, though. Knowable. Interested in us. In me, even.

2 Comments:

Blogger tdurbs said...

John 16:27 decided, just now as I read it, to punch me in the gut in the most loving, reassuring way possible:

"No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God."

The Father himself loves us.

That's pretty neat.

9:05 AM

 
Blogger M said...

Well, I want to say something, but I don't know what to say. So I'm guess I'm only gonna say, have a good day.

3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home