Are you looking...?

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Painting and prayer.

I finally made it out to Murlough House for the first time yesterday. There I was able to connect briefly with a few old friends and make a couple of new acqaintances. I sorted out the details for the six hours of facilitating group learning and prayer time on Friday. I made my way from Murlough to the Oasis, the old pub that has been purchased and is being renovated for ministry purposes. I was able to pick up a paint brush for a bit there while sharing about Biblical community with one of the local ministry staff and her friend, a ministry volunteer and assisted living staff person. They kept asking about my ministry at home, so they unwittingly learned all the ins and outs of Acts 2:38-47.

The Baptist prayer meeting I mentioned in my last post went well. The point that was driven home: Elijah was a regular, average, ordinary person just like us - and God answered his prayers. An ancient truth, but it was a fresh word for them. The people gathered were mostly the older crowd, but, in an apparently unusual occurrence, a few of the younger people I've connected with throughout the week showed up as well.

Today I will be meeting with a ministry leader in Lisburn. Its about a 45 minute drive through the countryside. Afterward I am scheduled to have a meal with a local leader and his wife. Then, this evening, I am heading over to the recovery program drop-in. Please pray for safe travel, for God to continue to fill me and pour me out as I share time with so many people, for God to work in the hearts of the people coming to the recovery program.

One of the local leaders marvelled today at the fact that I have been welcomed into so many diverse circles. It never occurred to me that it might not be so, but apparently it's really easy to be excluded from a circle if you've entered another. I'm thankful for God paving the way for that welcome. It's all according to His Spirit's work ahead of me. Please continue to pray for me to have favor in the eyes of all people. Thank you for praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home