Are you looking...?

Friday, September 28, 2007

Prayer. Planning. Purpose.

There's not a lot of time for today's post - a busy day ahead. Yesterday I spent time in Lisburn, Moira, Kilkinnamurry Lane, and Warrenspoint. I drove over about half of Northern Ireland, I'd say. A few high points: got things lined up for today's time with two different parachurch teams. Please pray for the time I get to have facilitating group learning, worship, and prayer with Murlough and Kairos. I met up with two men in school for ministry at Moira College. One was from Northern Ireland and the other was from India. It was a time of challenging and encouraging one another in a big way. It was very challenging for me to learn about Biblical community within a culture of severe persecution. Our prayer time was a time of worship and wonder for me. Later I was able to sit with one of the Baptist leaders and his wife over dinner to talk about ministry, marriage, and more. It was right on purpose for this trip. There have been a few times where I could fully see the work happening, and this was one of them. Still, I know God is at work constantly even when I can't see the results right away. I stopped in at the drop-in for people dealing with addictions and met three men who had been on the drink for quite some time. One of them suggested that he would meet me at the Baptist Church this weekend without my prompting. Not sure if he'll remember it today, but you never know. Pray for S. to follow through on his state-dependent promise. Also, please pray for T. and K. as well. They were in pretty bad shape and will certainly be feeling it this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home