Are you looking...?

Friday, April 25, 2008

On Disappearing.

I just realized Travis has posted more recently than me. Thought I'd better get on it. How long must we wait for his marvelous waxing of eloquence?

So, disappearing. I know you're thinking, how do I disappear and make Jesus more visible? No. Not today. I mean, yes, keep chasing that. But I'm concerned about the people disappearing around me. I've got a growing friendship with a guy of Taiwanese descent and I realized, if not for freakish circumstances like me being in ministry (yep - pretty freakish), being selected practically from a hat to do his wedding because no one else would (His wife is Baptist, he's Buddhist), and sending him a random email on a whim last week, I would not have been sitting across from him at Starbucks this morning. I love this guy. Yet, again, without things playing out in a particular way, he might have shared airspace with me, but I don't know if I would have noticed him.

And what about those who, like we are all eventually going to, are vanishing into thin hair? Bad pun for aging. Sorry. But, you know? Assumed irrelevance because of the waning desire to shout in order to be heard, invisibility because of the slower pace, is a tragedy. Man.

I don't know if I always see. No, it's certain I don't see well enough. But I want to see people. I hope maybe you do, too. I'd like to stave off my disappearance for as long as I can and help rescue others from the same fate. Find someone too young, too old, too different, too quiet to be noticed... do it before they

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home