Are you looking...?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

All Smiles

After work last night, while my wife and oldest daughter went to the horse farm for riding lessons, I took our youngest and headed off to the pool. When we got there, she was so excited to try out the swim-training flotation vest. I led her into the deep water, her feet no longer able to touch. She paddled around, kicking wildly, moving her little hands, cupped for maximum swimming efficiency. It finally dawned on her that she was in brand-new territory, and extreme excitement hit. About thirty minutes into our time, I realized that as she had been swimming around, the smile had not left her face for even a moment. And for the rest of our stay at the pool, it never did.

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

That is awesome Will. It amazes me at how as we get older our ability to find excitement in things gets smaller and smaller.

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Will said...

That's so true. Is there any way to restore that excitement?

2:54 PM

 
Blogger M said...

Maybe, but I haven't put my finger on it yet........
..
...
.. oh wait, think like a child again.. but getting to that point is the challenage that we all must face.

4:39 PM

 
Blogger Michael Burchett said...

Interestingly the same day you went to the pool We went to Kid's place. I just finished bloging about our journey, you should take a look. It deals well with the issue at hand.

12:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home