Are you looking...?

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Live from Murlough...

We made the trip safely! After the longest day ever (or so it seems) we made it across the Atlantic, into Dublin, and on the Dunrum. After four weeks of an unusually sunny and warm Irish summer, we landed in 59 degrees and a pouring rain. But, as always in Ireland, wait a few minutes and another season will eventually emerge. Three hours of sleep on the plane had to do for the entire two days. We've got a busy week ahead and another right on the heels of that one. Today (Sunday) we're heading to twelve churches to promote the week's programs, so the team will be spread out across County Down. I'm excited to be driving our team about in the minibus... (Keep left, keep left, keep left) I hear there is a boat race later today - we're going to have an entry in the race with Richie and Damien at the paddles in a boat made from two halves of a barrel and two pieces of wood to hold them together. Lord, help them! I'm supposed to lead worship at the Presbyterian Church tonight in Newcastle - if you read this blog in time, please pray for that! If you don't, please pray anyway! I'll try to check in again soon. Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Burchett said...

I am glad all is well there. It is kind of funny how I was talking to you about how for me this trip is going to be a sort of quiet one where I just deal in the conversations with people when I get there because after talking to John Sawyer for a while I have been assigned a core class, my first one ever. I will pray for you if you do for me.

10:14 PM

 
Blogger Natalie said...

Oh my gosh! you actually wrote one blog while there. good good job! i dont' know that i can count on another but... i guess we will see!
we miss you around this place and i def will try to get with sarah while you are gone!

6:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pumped. See y'all on Friday?

1:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home