Are you looking...?

Sunday, August 06, 2006

a day off.

Today was our first day off since we arrived one week ago. The rest of our team is now here, so they were mostly getting acclimated to the surroundings, so a bunch of us that have been here (plus two brave team-members from the second group) joined a couple of Northern Irish leaders for a long day's climb - to the peak of Slieve Donard, Northern Ireland's highest peak.

Beginning at sea level, we climbed to roughly 2,400 feet. I found myself trying to keep up with the guide, and nearly died about 100 yards from the peak. My legs were rebelling against my brain. I had to take 100 steps, the another, then another 50, then 25, then just keep going... The view was spectacular. You can see the Isle of Man, all of the surrounding towns and even Belfast far away to the north. Then the clouds rolled in and we were enveloped in mist. An amazing, exhausting, and yet rejuvenating experience.

When we returned to Murlough, we discovered that two of the French people who had turned back early in the ascent had not rejoined the rest of the group, so we had to run about Newcastle trying to find them. They were at the KFC. Mission accomplished.

Oh - I had an experience the other day when I was leading worship that was unbelievable. I'll have to tell you in person - it just doesn't go well here. So don't forget to ask me about it. When I say "unbelievable", I mean that even you who know me well may not believe that it actually happened. Probably one of the more, um, miraculous things I've experienced.

Please pray for our health and strength. Another week of ministry starts today!

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20060805&content_id=68334&vkey=allstar2006&fext=.jsp
did you know about this? crazy uh? hey by the way i think that when you get back we will just have to take the entire day to catch up on what has happened in our lives over the past 2 weeks. wow... that should be a fun day.
next wednesday right?

10:15 AM

 
Blogger Will said...

Man. That's unbelievable... I didn't think the US Footballers had it in them! Beatin' Chelsea, like. Yeah. I should be around next Wednesday. Thanks for taking care of things!

11:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home