Are you looking...?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Who's that talking funny?

OK. So we're getting used to the accents again. After so many times over here, I'm beginning to be able to distinguish a country, city, and Belfast accent. I have this weird thing with mirroring accents, so I'm talking all funny, too.

A couple of days ago - I think - (How long have we been here anyway?) we had a late entry in the "Daft Raft Race" put on by the Newcastle Yacht Club. Peter Dueppen and Richie Shilliday were the pilots of our "vessel". About a thousand people lined up at the harbour to watch the race with makeshift rafts. We thought that an entry would be good publicity for our outreach. So there we were in our team shirts with this pitiful little raft - we were the only ones to simply sink. Everyone else at least finished... but it was fun for all.

My biggest cultural faux paux so far: And I quote the wee laddie Jonny Tweedie, "You just indicated the wrong direction!!!". Apparently when you drive through a roundabout you don't signal into and out of it, but instead the direction you intend to take after going around the circle. Oops.

I've got the roughest bunch of kids for a discipleship group. Pray for C, D, L, and R. And for me as I get to spend time with them. Most of C's questions last night were about the salvation of cows. The others seem to be ready to listen, but afraid of how they'll look in front of their friends. Thanks for your prayers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

You don't know anything... i need to talk to you in my office ASAP! ps why did you have to go away this week?!?!

6:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home