Are you looking...?

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Got new specs and other trivial things

I went to the eye doctor for the first time in six years last week. I got my new glasses on Monday and, after a few headaches and getting used to the feel of them, I'm all set.

FC Bayern Munchen won again yesterday, making it to the finals of the LigaPokal - facing the penultimate runners-up, Schalke'04, on Saturday. Hopefully they shall be runners up yet again. Good old Arsenal will have one of their first pre-season matches televised in my area this weekend, too. Plenty of time for Fussball this weekend.

Speaking of the weekend. I'm performing a wedding. Picked up the tuxedo today. Ready to roll...

I ate at the Blue Line Diner with my friend Brett today. Good food - I had the Buffalo Chicken Wrap. Good friend and conversation. Odd atmosphere. I'll have to tell you about it sometime if you care to ask...

It's been a week for tough stuff. Two people close to me have cancer diagnoses. Pray for N. and M. if you think of it. Found several opportunities (even though I wasn't looking) to have tough conversations with several people. All went well, though.

Ministry? Finished our latest writing project today and turned it in for editing. Helping people connect with each other. Walking alongside over 150 existing Life Groups in the midsts of their successes and challenges. Growing a care structure from within.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Burchett said...

Sounds like the life of Will Briggs is running smoothly.

11:19 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Will (you might know who I am if I call you "Buddy"). I am enjoying reading your blogs..good to see how the Spirit has worked in your life.
Julie (used to be Danielson, now Kelly cause I married a soldier from Fulda!)

9:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home