Are you looking...?

Saturday, September 29, 2007

A busy day and a new place to stay.

I'm writing this time from Dundrum. Richie returned from the US and is giving me a bed and roof for the final days of this trip. Yesterday's time with both Murlough Staff and the Kairos Leadership Board went well. At Murlough we talked about being connected with God, how to communicate well, Biblical community, and calling. The first part of the day went particularly well. We had some great time together, learning, listening, and praying. At the Karios Centre, we shared a meal and talked through the 7 Practices of Effective Ministry. It was a day that included about six hours of facilitating discussions on each topic.

The early part of today was spent with a couple who are being used by God to influence much that's happening behind the scenes here. I can see the way God has been moving things forward through their passion and vision for the work in this community. I took in a football (soccer) match at Donard Park - Tollymore v. Rathfriland. Richie was playing forward for Tollymore, but they lost due to a goalkeeper's error. Sad times. Tonight I am teaching at the weekend's Fused event. I get to talk about Zacchaeus. It's always tough to teach about a guy who i best known for a cute, catchy little kid's song written about him... If you read this on Saturday, pray for me around 3:30 EDT while I'm teaching.

Also, tomorrow morning I'll be leading worship at the Baptist Church. Please lift that up as well. Then, travel on Monday... Thanks for all of your prayers and support for this trip. I thank God for all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home