Are you looking...?

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Pike Place

So, several great things from today: I realized I want to be a street performer someday. And I officially signed Petie and Brittney to a five-year contract as my personal media/entertainment consultants. So, I found myself at Pike Place today. God bless the Kinders. I knew we were heading for downtown Seattle, but I had no idea we'd land at such an amazing spot. Standing in the first Starbucks store was surreal. I felt in awe and yet at home.


Watching them throw fish at the Pike Place Fish Market was like stepping into a $299 business training video I watched a few years ago. Pretty cool. The public market was amazing, many of the artisans creating their work right there on the spot. Several of the street performers were outstanding - especially those outside Starbucks. Slim Pickins wailed an earthy bluegrass while, a bit further down the road, a gospel quintet blended their harmonies and hawked their CD's all at once. One dude played two guitars, one of which happened to be balanced on his chin, played the harmonica, and kept two hula hoops going... I can't even begin to describe his average day at work. Pike Place. I'd recommend the experience.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like I promised, I bring you our first media/entertainment consultation service:

Music:
Arcade Fire (I know I already recommended them, but I do it again, they are that good.)

Jon Foreman (solo project, album titles are the four seasons)

Muse (kinda like Queen but with a new 21st century rock twist, I enjoy them highly..I'd recommend the album "Black Holes and Revelations")

One Republic (kind of a wild card....they are very different...almost like a boy pop band, with some good guitar work and some really good r&b beats...I like them though they are out of my norm)

Movies:
Pretty much all the movies nominated for Best Picture last year:
No Country for Old Men
Juno
There Will Be Blood
Michael Clayton
American Gangster (though it wasn't nominated)


Thanks for coming in this weekend man. We really felt encouraged and uplifted by your presence and your ministry. We are incredibly thankful and blessed to have someone like you in our life, even though we are thousands of miles apart geographically. See you soon in a couple of weeks bro.

3:34 PM

 
Blogger Caitlin said...

pike place eh? i am very jealous. :)

1:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems so different from Lexington, or most of Cincinnati...I also would second Petie's vote that you should listen to MUSE. They just released a great live album.

5:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home