Are you looking...?

Sunday, June 08, 2008

7:30 am - 11:59pm

Yesterday was the most unique combination of things I've ever experienced in a single day... Maybe nothing spectacular for anyone else, but for me it was pretty cool. To begin the day, I prepped a Latte and Americano with our new espresso machine. I read in Genesis, continuing to be intrigued with when and how God chooses to speak to His people. Next, my eight-year-old taught me to play Mancala. She proceeded to absolutely school me in the game as well. Then I played Chess with my five-year-old, who I had only the day before shown the moves of each piece. She managed to leave me check-mated. After the game she played with all the pieces together. They made friends and had a party in the middle of the chess-board. I always thought the different colors had to fight, but she ended my thoughtless sense of division between the two different colors of wooden pieces. Next we went out for a five-star meal at McDonalds and, afterward, headed to the pond at JoeBeth to feed the ducks. We had received a gift card for Graeter's ice-cream so we stopped there next. I told everyone they should get the sorbet. Instead they all got what they thought they'd like, then the whole family demolished my raspberry sorbet before finishing their own ice cream. In the middle of the day we all chilled out. I went to church in the evening to perform a wedding ceremony for an amazing couple. Everything went super-smoothly. Then, I made a quick change out of my tux and the girls picked me up to meet with several families from our Life Group. We headed to Harrodsburg for a drive-in movie. My first ever. Can you believe it? No one else could either. I turned the seats around in the back of our minivan and the girls piled into Jason's truck-bed with their friends. Kung-Fu Panda was pretty outstanding. I nearly made myself sick eating candy. How refreshing. The Ale-8 topped it all off. We made it home and crashed into bed at 11:59...

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Burchett said...

Yep, Kung-Fu Panda surprised me, and was actually a great movie.

11:48 AM

 
Blogger phil_style said...

Hey Will, sorry i missed your comment on my "perfekte Welle" post the other week! You asked for some musical info:

Here's my fav group right now. From New Zealand of course: Phoenix Foundation.

They're sort of progressive folk-rock. Check out this vid on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg_vQ_dgOsw

Other good NZ groups to search for (use youtube) are:
Salmonella Dub
Pitch Black
the Black Seeds
Shihad

Enjoy!

7:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home