Are you looking...?

Monday, July 30, 2007

A few firsts.

This past weekend I had a few "firsts". I'll rank them in order of my personal amazment at these first-time experiences:

5) Watched two live Arsenal matches within 30 hours of time. The Emirates-Cup pre-season "friendly" tournament hosted like six matches within 48 hours. Unusual arrangement for fussball.
4) Performed a wedding away from the church campus - Spindletop was amazing.
3) Performed said wedding outdoors - rain threatened, but held off
2) I ate jellyfish - interesting, indescribable taste and texture (Another first that came along with the wedding!)
1) Talked with people from a Taiwanese/Buddhist culture and American/Baptist culture in the same place at the same time. (Again, the wedding...)

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Burchett said...

nice. I remember one of the coolest experiences I had playing the song "He Reigns" by the Newsboys with a Buddhist

12:04 AM

 
Blogger phil_style said...

Two arsenal games in 30 hours! You poor thing. . . I'd be in hospital if I had to go through that!

;)

8:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Gunners!

7:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home