Are you looking...?

Monday, December 17, 2007

Ebb and flow.

The ebb and flow
Of love and opponent
Of other and self
Of later and moment
Takes the soul on a road
With twists and turns
That further the journey
Toward God


I wrote that a few years ago. It's still expressive of my days. I guess the question I still wrestle with in my daily life is: What's a healthy balance of self and others? I know what the answer is supposed to be. It's all about God and others, right? But, really now. Why do I get wiped out, tired, and all? If I'm wired to function best by not focusing on myself, why would I ever need to have time to myself? Why would I need to strive for time I can call my own? I guess maybe (just maybe) I'm human, and to try to love God and people on my own won't ever work. It's a work in progress. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home